Re: Disk brake problem - long and boring !!

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Disk brake problem - long and boring !!
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:51:43 -0600
Hey - I wasn't disparaging the article one little bit -- I thought it was
great.  It was impressive even if it HAD been from a dweeb  ;-)   I
immediately forwarded the link to 7 or 8 car and engineering buddies.

In fact, however, I did't notice his name when I first read it, which is why I
referred to him as "the guy who wrote the article".  Sorry !

Thanks again for a really useful link.

Karl

  BTW, "the guy" is Carroll Smith.  He's an incredible figure in the racing
field, and the author of all those books, " ________  to Win".  Fill in the
blank with "Drive", "Tune", "Engineer", etc.  And then there's his "Nuts,
Bolts and Fasteners and Plumbing Handbook",  that everyone likes to call
"Screw to Win".  Anyway, the point is, this guy is not just some dweeb writing
for a corporate website.  He's a major authority.

  -Steve