Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?
From: "Brian C. Kennedy" <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:04:56 -0500
Boat lifts are commonly used in Michigan. We looked at them a few years ago
and found a wide variation in quality and price. They sit on the bottom and
have a hoist mechanism, manual or electric. They are pulled out of the water
during the winter to prevent ice damage. They are pretty much aluminum bars,
cables, a crank wheel and a few gears. One thought would be to go look at
them and if you don't want to buy one you could probably make your own
pretty easily. Just make sure you understand how the cable system works. We
were looking at them to keep algae growth off the boat, but finally decided
the cost and the fact that it blocked our view wasn't worth it, so I clean
algae off every fall.
Brian