Re: parts cleaners

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: parts cleaners
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:30:59 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "john matthews"

> industrial ultrasonic cleaner. Does anyone on the list have experience
with
> these and know what type of cleaning solution works best for engine
parts?<<<

I hope this open a thread . . I have a half-gallon ultrasonic unit made for
jewelry which I use for small parts cleaning - carburetor parts, etc., and
it is amazing . . I use a detergent like "Simple Green" and a dollop of
ammonia on the advice of a jeweler/watchmaker . . I'd love to know the more
correct usages.

Tony