Auto body seam sealers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Auto body seam sealers
From: shiples@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:25:26 -0700
Well, "Opportunity" knocked (me in the head) and I purchased a Lotus Cortina
minus engine and trans.   I have the car pretty well stripped and as soon
as my
sills arrive from Australia, I'm going to start welding up some rust.

What is new to me is that every panel on this car seems to be stuck
together with a bit invisible welding and the joints between the panels are
filled with some sort of glue that pulls out with a finger nail.  I guess
this is
auto body seam sealer.

I've Googled the topic and there seem to be lots of options but I haven't found
much information which tells me what to buy and how to use it.

The answer may be as simple as choose a goo and apply a bead or brush
some and maybe smooth with finger tip to duplicate original appearance.

Has anyone used this stuff before?

Steve Shipley
Seattle, WA
...one more British car....