RE: Battery Voltages

To: "Shop-Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Battery Voltages
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:30:41 -0700
> My rule is that when I take out batteries from something, I'm not
> doing it
> because I'm bored, I'm doing it because I'm replacing them.  And I throw
> away the old ones.
>
> I mean, I'm a packrat and all, but I can't see how used up batteries are
> gonna be helpful to me...  :-)

Well, I can't speak for others, but my daughter has a habit of taking
batteries out and leaving them laying around the house.  When I find them, I
can't figure out if they're laying out because they are bad, or because she
was transferring them from one device to another and forgot, or what;
without getting out the voltmeter.  And she is no help at all ... if
something doesn't work she changes batteries first and only then starts
trying to figure out what the problem is.  Wait a day or two and she won't
even remember leaving the batteries there, let alone whether they are good
or not.

Call it my Scotch blood, I just can't bring myself to throw away what might
be a perfectly good battery.  I've even found piles with 3 bad batteries and
one brand new, apparently because she got confused and put one of the old
ones back in her CD player along with 3 new ones.

No, I don't recall being quite that scatterbrained when I was that age ...
but then I wasn't a blonde, either <G>

Randall