Re: Duct Cleaning

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Duct Cleaning
From: Eddie Sheffield <mg4fun@cablenet-va.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:34:16 -0400
Not directly related, but kinda close. The apt. we lived in a few years
ago hired a company to come around and clean all the dryer vent ducts.
After they left we were drying clothes but they weren't getting dry. The
elements were working - in fact you could see them glowing. But what had
happened was the "cleaner" (and I use the term very loosely!) had simply
managed to pack all the accumulated lint into a big ball and blocked the
vent completely. The apt mgmt said that they had the same problem all
over the complex. Lovely fire hazard.

Eddie