Raccoon bait

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Raccoon bait
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:13:40 -0600
This isn't really a shop talk issue.  However, we all know this is an
eclectic group, and our conversations are all over the board.  So here goes.

I've got a raccoon, one that's larger than my wife's foo foo dog, hanging
around my back yard.  One of us has to go; my wife, the dog, the raccoon, or
me.  I'm thinking it's me or the raccoon; but my plan is to start on the
raccoon.

Before anyone suggest it, I'd have a real problem bringing out the shotgun
in my neighborhood.

So I called the City and tell them I have a raccoon problem.  The city tells
me it is a wildlife problem, "call the Dept of Wildlife".  I call the Dept
of Wildlife, they tell me it is a varmint problem, "call a private pest
control company".

So I disguised my voice and called the city's animal control people back,
"Ah, I have a 'cat' problem, what do you suggest"?

ANIMAL CONTROL: "We can provide a cat trap".

ME: "I don't want to kill the 'cat' ".  I'm thinking in terms of a huge
mouse trap; I mean, what do I know about raccoon trapping?

ANIMAL CONTROL: "No, no, no.  This doesn't kill them or hurt them, it just
traps them.  It's like a big cage.  You can bring the live animal back to us
in the trap, or we can come an pick it up".

ME: "Perfect, I'll be in to pick up the trap".

So now I need raccoon bait to lure the varmint into the trap, any
suggestions?

Oh, and one more thing what do you think they'll say if I bring back the
cage with a 'cat' that looks like a raccoon?  :-)