RE: Raccoon bait

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Raccoon bait
From: "Aric Datesman" <adatesman@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:29:58 -0400
With all the catch and release suggestions coming in, I would like to just
point out that in some areas doing so is illegal (including all of
Pennsylvania, which is where I am).

I had a gopher problem last year and while waiting for the darned things to
take the bait the local paper happened to run an article detailing the law
and the rationale behind it (preventing the spread of rabies by killing off
problem animals that aren't wary of people).  Hadn't known about it
previously, but was enough to convince the wife that the .22 was the right
choice.  Good thing too, 'cause they really stank and I certainly didn't
want to put them in the car for a nice long ride.  Nor would I want to have
to have all the carpeting in the trunk replaced when it decided to start
defiling things.  Ick.

Just another thing to think about....

-aric.