Re: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps

To: Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:26:56 -0400
Randall Young wrote:
>   And there's at least a fair chance you can
> just adjust the switch on your current pump for more pressure.

   Does anyone happen to know the exact procedure for this?

   I have a cottage with a deep well and a submerged pump that can
deliver lots of volume and pressure to the tank.

   However, my pump switch settings seem to be "on at 30psi, off at
40psi" so my tank pressure wanders in that range, which is pretty low.

   The switch is the common little box on a short pipe with a little
prime lever on the side. It's possible that a previous owner turned the
pressure down, because when I got the place the gauge was reading way
too high. (The 90psi when running looked great but the needle was at
50psi with the tank drained!)

   Blockage could be a factor, but the shower at the far end of the
cottage has really low flow. Makes the morning shower take a long time
trying to actually get the soap off.

   Alternatively, is there a good shower head designed to work with low
pressure? I can live without etching glass but I probably have more
volume to work with if the shower head was meant to work that way, lots
of holes pouring water I guess rather than little holes expecting 60psi
of blasting water through 'em.

   (An HVLP shower head? ;>)

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.