Re: Bending rigid coper tubing

To: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bending rigid coper tubing
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:56:41 -0700
At 09:22 AM 6/12/2004 -0700, john matthews wrote:

>I need to tap into the communal wisdom here....
>
>I'm making an outdoor shower for our pool area and want to use rigid coper
>tubing. I need to make a smooth, astetically pleasing 180 degree bend with
>a ~1 foot radius. I can make two tries at it with the material I have, but
>would rather get it on the first pass.

Even the professionals spoil some material when setting up for unusual
projects.

>  Is there a way to do this without using a fancy bender, or should I hit
> up a plumber for use of one?

I asked a similar question to a guy who does a lot of architectural metal
work and he
advised me to buy the part rather than build it.  I don't remember the
recommended
supplier, but it's probably in this list of links.

http://www.stagesmith.com/Metal-links.html

Ernie knows more than I'll ever know....

Steve Shipley