Re: Small Compressor

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Small Compressor
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:56:39 -0400
William M. Gilroy wrote:
> On Saturday 12 June 2004 03:06 am, Rush wrote:
>
> Break out the Walden in your soul and call it a "wildlife sactuary" and fight
> the town.

Nah! I really do want to keep on good term with my neighbors. Thankfully
most of them are engineers, like me, so we understand each other's "hobbies"

> Sometimes you will see sales from the manufactor for refurbished compressors.
>
> Check out
>
> http://www.chpower.com/
>
> They do come with a one year warrenty.  Poke around the site for re-furbished
> compressors.  They had two that caught my eye, both vertical
>
> 28 Gallon Air Compressor
> Factory-Serviced
> * 6.25HP peak, 28-gallon air compressor ideal for projects around your
>
> garage. 1.8 running HP, 7.4/6.1 SCFM @ 40/90 PSI. 150 MAX PSI.
> * Quieter operation (89dBa)
> * Convenient handle provides easy portability.
> * 1 year Warranty
> * Model WL611700RB
> A HOT BUY at $219.00

Screw it! Instead of the dinky HF model, I ordered this one. The big
picture is at
http://www.chpower.com/chimages/catalog/active/comp_WL6117_216x500.gif.
It's $250 delivered anywhere in the US. I still have enough to buy a
decent IR impact. I think it was the 89 dBa that sold me, I need to use
it when the wife and kids are sleeping.

Thanks Mr. Gilroy!

Jon