Mounting a compressor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mounting a compressor
From: "Ian" <Shop-Talk@mcfetridge.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:29:53 -0400
I'm installing a 60 gallon vertical Devilbiss compressor and would like to
limit vibrations as much as reasonably possible.  Here's what I'm doing so
far:
-- 1/2 x 4.5" studs (red caps) sunk 2 inches into a concrete slab
-- stud passes through hocky puck with 1/2" hole sitting on the concrete.
-- stud then passes through compressor feet with through 1/2" elongated holes,
feet rest on hocky pucks.
-- stud then passes through a 1" OD rubber shock bushing
-- stud is capped with a washer and nylon lock not.
-- a flex hose is used to connect the compressor to copper pipe.

Sound like a reasonable approach to reduce vibrations?  Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance, Ian