Re: covenants

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: covenants
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:31:33 -0700
On Sunday, August 15, 2004, at 08:44,  Steve Shipley wrote:

> ...if I remember correctly in Seattle,
>  a determination of a junk car can be made if the
> car has ANY of the following characteristics.  Disassembled, damaged,
> OR unregistered.  Then the law says you can't store a junk car on your
> property.

The City of Seattle has become more reasonable in recent years. SMC
11.14.268 defines a "junk motor vehicle" as "meeting at least three of the
following requirements:

1. Left on private property without the permission of the person having
right to the possession of the property;
2. Left on a street, alley way open to the public, or on municipal or other
public property for twenty-four (24) hours or longer;
3. Extensively damaged, such damage including but not limited to any of the
following: A broken window or windshield, missing wheels, tires, motor, or
transmission;
4. Apparently inoperable;
5. Having a fair market value of Five Hundred Dollars ($500) or less;
6. Without a current certificate of registration or a current and proper
vehicle license."

While parking a "junk motor vehicle" on public property is unlawful, nothing
forbids keeping it in your garage.