Re: covenants (Part 1)

To: "Bill Engle, Sr." <whesr@iglou.com>
Subject: Re: covenants (Part 1)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:17:51 -0400
Bill Engle, Sr. wrote:

> The best defense is a good offense.  Something like a 40 foot tug boat
> in the street might be a good start.  Just make sure the only thing that
> works is the horn.

    Maybe this is a little too touchy-feely, but the best defense is
having good speaking relationships with your neighbors.

    Everybody is human, the neighbors I like could have an iron smelter
on their front lawn, and I wouldn't care a bit. The ones I don't like,
if they miss a strip of grass when cutting, I start grumping about
taking the neighborhood property values down.

   You'd probably get a lot farther with smiles, waves, and inane
chatter  over the fence than you'll get through the courts.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca