RE: Homemade Kwiklift

To: "'john niolon'" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Homemade Kwiklift
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:08:33 -0500
I said doubled 2x12s (four total) with a staggered at the end to help with
the ramp effect.  I have seen that in action as ramps before and there
wasn't any sag with much heavier car than a Healey.

It would be heavy, but I would use it like the Kwiklift so that I could
collapse it down to the 4 inch height of the ramp and park the car on top of
it everyday, then raise the front, drive up, then raise the back hen I
needed access.  The pivot for the front and the jacking point on the back
are what I can't design.

There's no room for a lift here, and as I am relocated every couple of
years, it would be wasted money installing it in any hose I own for a while.

Patton