RE: Homemade Kwiklift

To: "'Derek'" <dereklola@yahoo.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Homemade Kwiklift
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:17:49 -0500
The ability to have the car up to work on in a minute or so would be the
reason for the first.

For the second, I would make the height what fits me best, I don't mind
working laying down, I just down want to have my arms all the way
outstretched to do it, about a foot and a half above my face while lying on
a creeper is pretty comfortable to me.

As for the third, I don't know, I am not sure that I would be very
inconvenienced by the location of the ramp. I have not heard that as a
complaint from owners, but it cold be a problem.  I have seen where hotrod
guys have done all of their build on these, so it can be long term.  I would
leave it collapsed and park on it most of the time, but use it for a lift
for service and when I finally repaint the underside.

Patton