RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns---etc!

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air Chucks and Blow Guns---etc!
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:34:48 -0700
I have a fairly large Campbel-Hausfeld compressor in my home shop with a
small manifold and a ceiling mounted reel from HF. The reel is fed with a
50' very "non-flexible" blue plastic air hose that I foolishly bought from
Home Depot, however it works great for a permanent installation! I never
turn my compressor off. It almost never comes on unless I am using air! No
leaks!

Incidentally, I have had the Campbel-Hausfeld compressor for about 12 or 15
years and it has never hiccupped, it was a close-out at Montgomery-Wards and
I only paid about $250 for it, steel cylinders, wet crankcase, quiet, it has
been a good unit!

Many years ago when I had service stations I standardized on the Milton "T"
style fittings. They work perfectly and some of mine are 30 plus years old!
They never leak and they still are available at Ace, Napa, etc. They cost a
bit more but they are really well made.

I do have several blow guns, some cheap and some good, can't tell the
difference in performance, but the cheap ones seem to leak more through the
control valve than the expensive ones!

NFI and YMMV!

Jim Bauder
Scottsdale, AZ