RE: POR-15 or RustBullet?

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: POR-15 or RustBullet?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:39:33 -0700
> It is my understanding that POR-15 (and some other similar products) are
> not UV stable.  They change from black to "ugly" if exposed to the
> sun.  Check into this before you do an outdoor gate, unless  you're
> planning on topcoating with something else.

Friend of mine gave a talk at the club just last night ... he said that when
topcoating POR-15, you *must* either sand the surface (which he said is a
pain, the stuff is really hard once it sets up) or use their special primer.
Otherwise, the topcoat won't adhere and will eventually peel and flake off.

Randall