Re: oil change

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: oil change
From: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:42:08 -0700
>   I still wont put Amsoil in my cars but it sure does something, not sure
> what and some Vics have over 100,000 miles on them so it does not appear to
> be harmful.

I've not been at all tempted by their motor oil or filters, but have been using
their gear oil on our higher-mileage cars - that is, those that do or are
expected to do high mileage (like our Subaru that takes us to the mountains to
the tune of almost 20k miles
per year). The Series 2000 "smurf oil" has a reputation in the Subaru world of
seriously extending the life of gearbox/diff bearings (at the expense of some
loss of shifting speed - not a big deal in this application for me).

Mobil 1 in the crankcase at the normal change interval. Oil is cheap.