RE: oil change

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: oil change
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:44:34 -0400
Elton Clark wrote:

> The "Kroil" people usually have a "deal" going and they'll
> send you a free aerosol can of "Kroil" when you buy a liquid
> half-pint for $4.50.  Check it out:
>
> https://www.kanolabs.com/

I had been trying to separate some parts that were rusted solid using my
press.  I had tried Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, etc. and nothing
happened.  I finally ordered some Kroil (Sili-Kroil actually).  I gave
the parts one last try, and they didn't budge.  I then sprayed some
Sili-Kroil on the joint, and pressed it again, and nothing happened.  I
decided to let it soak a bit and went into the house to get something to
drink and calm down from the frustration and came back out about 30
minutes later.  Picked up the parts to try pressing the again, and they
literally fell apart by themselves.

I've been a believer in Kroil ever since...

No interest in the company, yadda, yadda...   In fact I need to order
some more as I'm almost out...

Tim Mullen
Chantilly, VA