workshop fluorescent lights

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: workshop fluorescent lights
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:29:56 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

So Lowe's has 4' assembled hanging workshop lights w/cord that are
supposedly setup for cold weather for ~$25.

That seems high...  Are there better sources for this stuff?

Do I need to worry about the 'cold start' stuff if the temp should be 50
deg or higher?  Are non-cold start lights much less expensive?

For my 22x22 temporary shop, I'm planning on 9 primary 4' lights, with
three rows of three, probably along with a couple task lights (also 4'
lights) directly over the bench areas.  Sound ok?  At $25 a pop, its not
going to break me, but I also don't want to be adding lights for the heck
of it...

Mark