crazy idea that will work!

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: crazy idea that will work!
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:27:10 -0500
OK, in the northeast, we can't leave our hoses out all year or they will
freeze.

Many of us turn off the hose supply lines because they will freeze as well.
Ibve already installed deep ball valves that solve the second issue.

But here is my ideab&
Instead of having a hose stored outside, why not have a remote valve
outside and a small hole in the wall.  The hose is stored on a reel in your
basement with just the end sticking out.  When you need the hose, you pull
it out.  When you are done, you push it back in.
In the basement, you will just need a small space that the hose and go
into.

Now, here is my question, is there a bremote valveb of sorts?  Ibm looking
for a regular hose valve that has a handle far away from the pipe.  (so the
pipe is completely inside and just the valve handle sticks out side.)

Any ideas?

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.