RE: re: Crazy idea that will work!

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: re: Crazy idea that will work!
From: "Ian" <Shop-Talk@mcfetridge.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:19:33 -0500
John (jblair1948@cox.net) wrote:
>If it's that cold, I'd assume that your ground is pretty
>hard.  What about washing the cars off in the yard?  Your
>driveway wouldn't get the ice, just the front/side or back
>yard.

Good point!  We have a mulch bed that I could probably get most of a car over
for rinsing...I'll have to remember to make room with the snow blower when the
time comes.  I'd do it over the lawn, but I'm afraid the road salt would kill
the grass over time--we only have about 30 x 100 ft of lawn accessible by car,
so there isn't much to risk.

Someone else sent me a note about garage drains, noting that they aren't the
winter washing panacea either.  Apparently they can get stinky unless they are
rinsed thoroughly.  I think it's the traps (U-shaped pipes) that keep stink
from riser from sinks and such, so I guess one of those could be built into a
floor drain...although I won't be tearing up my 1 year old slab anytime soon.

Thanks, Ian