using a new buffer

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: using a new buffer
From: John Niolon <JNiolon@uss.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:16:24 -0600
got a good deal on a nice 3/4 hp 8" Dayton bench mounted buffer.  Got the
buffing wheels ordered ... now I need some instruction on buffing metals...
got some stainless pieces I want to gloss up for my truck project

I've ordered both the spiral sewn cotton buffing wheels and the center sewn
"floppy" buffing wheels...

I'm assuming you do the prel work with the spiral sewn and the final high
polish finish with the floppys ???

some general info is needed.... how much to work on each wheel... which
compounds to use..  do you start with courser compounds and as you work
down change wheels ???

I'm purposely showing how dumb I really am... but that's ok... I do it
accidentally enough anyway that it's sorta hard to hide   :-)

any good websites that detail this stuff ???

thanks

John

Isn't having a   'smoking'   section in a restaurant like having a
'peeing'   section in a swimming pool    ?????