Wireless Headphones...

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wireless Headphones...
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:22:46 -0800
Dear list....

I am looking for a good quality set of wireless headphones to listen to
my CDs and radio in the studio.  A much quieter environment than the
shop but where quality of the sound is important for long time use.  I
will always be within 20-30 feet of the transmitter, so distance is not
a problem but always having a wire connected when I am going from one
work area to another is a hassle.

I have been looking at the Sony 900 MHz and InfaRed systems, as well as
the Sennheiser RS65 (also a 900 MHz)  I have also heard about the
Amphony Models 1000 and 2000 which are the 2.4 GHz system.

I have read a lot about static and generally poor sound quality of the
900 mhz systems similar to wireless phones.   Does anyone have
experience with the Infarred systems (very limited range) or the 2.4ghz
systems for sound quality?

I appreciate your comments,
Bill Hook,  Seattle