Re: battery backup sump pumps

To: Larry list account <list@marketvalue.net>
Subject: Re: battery backup sump pumps
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:18:48 -0500
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:22:15 -0700, Larry list account
<list@marketvalue.net> wrote:

> Tim, of course there is an exception to every rule.  But the rule is still
> the same.  By the way I'm about 100 miles south of Cheyenne.
>
> The issue you faced may have been a ground water situation, there are in
> fact underground rivers, that is very rare but perhaps supported by the fact
> that when you moved three blocks the problem went away.

My parents' house has had ground water flooding problems.  The nominal
water table level is only a couple feet below the basement floor.  A
wet spring after a wet winter brings the water table up; once to a
couple feet above the basement floor.  The whole township is reclaimed
swamp, so it really is a drainage problem, but not exactly a runoff
problem.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com