Re: 2005 toyota tacoma

To: "bob dyar" <bobdyar@cox.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2005 toyota tacoma
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:28:37 +0000
for what it's worth, on our previa there's a button on the display you push.
you remove a little plug from the plexiglass over the speedo and push the
button with a pda stylus (or paperclip, or whatever).  light goes off.

what I'd like to know is why it goes on to begin with.  it isn't mileage, I've
checked.  the oil is changed at 3000 miles, and so as far as I can tell it
isn't a sensor in the oil.  it seems to go off about every 12-15k miles, though
sometimes it seems sooner.