trailer deck - steel vs wood

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: trailer deck - steel vs wood
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:36:15 -0800 (PST)
Before my last move, I had to sell my steel open car
trailer.  I need to buy another one now, however my
usage demands will probably turn this into a lightly
used item as opposed to a routinely used item.  Based
on higher steel costs, I am thinking about a wood deck
trailer, but have no experience with them.  Does
anyone have any comments about comparing the two?  How
does the wood age on a trailer that is stored outside
and basically unloved?  Are tie down points attached
to the wood?  to steel backing plates?  Only on the
perimeter?

Thanks,
Ron
ronglue@yahoo.com