Re: Tool cabinets ...

To: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tool cabinets ...
From: Bob Hare <rhare34@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:50:02 -0800 (PST)
I bought the Rustoleum brand of clear enamel.  I first
used a stainless steel cleaner for kitchen appliances
and then wiped it down with acetone before spraying
the tool chest. Keep in mind, I didn't have too many
fingerprints before I decided to spray a clearcoat. My
tool chest was also empty when I sprayed it.
Bob
--- Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com> wrote:

> > I've got the Sam's Club box also, and my bottom
> drawer
> > is loaded down with taps and dies.  I haven't
> noticed
> > any ptoblems so far.  I dealt with the
> fingerprints by
> > spraying a clearcoat over the entire cabinet.
> >
> > Bob
>
> I'd be worrying about pealing the same way the
> clearcoat
> pealed off my factory alloy wheels after a few years
> if my
> preparation and product were not top quality. So ...
>
> Any particular brand of clearcoat?
>
> And how did you clean and prep the cabinet to accept
> the paint?
>
> Thanks,
> Arvid

=====
Bob Hare (eBay id: rhare34)
Virginia Beach, Va.
1934 Ford Streetrod Pickup
2000 Taurus, 1984 Ranger

If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading this in
English, thank a Veteran.......

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250