Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:58:20 -0600
I found a local distributor of Timken bearings and bought the
items I needed for my Asian 3-in-1 rebuild.

So now I'm on to measurement tools. I'm looking for a caliper,
a 1 inch micrometer and a dial indicator. There are huge price
differences and I [again] have no idea what brand names would
be the most reasonable in terms of a long term tool investment.

I'm sure that "you get what you pay for", but there is also the
"as a home user, quality above X level is not a wise investment"
which I would also like to apply.

Some of the names in the catalogs and on the internet are:

Enco
Fowler
brown & sharpe
Mitutoyo
Interapid
Starrett

Suggestions and experiences for both brand names and vendors
would appreciated.

As usual, thanks in advance for helping me spend money,
Arvid