Re: Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...

To: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>
Subject: Re: Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...
From: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:06:37 -0500
I also have purchased stuff from Enco with good results.  I bought a set
of six micrometers to go up to 6 inches for engine work.  When I had
measurements done by the machine shop on my Ford 5.0L rebuild for my
Cobra, my measurements were within a tenth, and this was way within the
allowable tolerances on the engine.  I think the differences come more
from technique than the tool.

At Hershey last year, I bought a dial bore gauge mostly for the purpose
of checking bore taper.  Since it's relative measurements rather than
absolutes, its Chinese heritage doesen't seem to matter.  I upgraded it
at home with a better dial indicator so I improved it a little.  I
notice that the uprated versions simply give a better indicator.