Carbon Buildup, was Re: question on C (neither L nor B)

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Carbon Buildup, was Re: question on C (neither L nor B)
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:06:47 -0500
Where does the intake side carbon build up come from?  I recently addressed a
carbon build up problem on our 1998 Dodge Neon R/T with the 2.0 DOHC engine.
The throttle plate was sticking after being parked for a while.  I cleaned a ton
of black soot from the throttle body.  And I have seen this build up on other
cars as well, including the Ford 5.0L engine I'm working on.  Where, exactly,
does this stuff come from?