Re: Chain Saw Recommendations

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Subject: Re: Chain Saw Recommendations
From: "Steve Dillen" <sdillen@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:02:01 -0800
The best internet resource I have found for saw stuff is
www.arboristsite.com.  I'd suggest reading through the forums there.
There's some pretty neat stuff there about tuning & porting saw
engines....and I never realized the degree of accuracy required to properly
file a chain.

I have two Stihl saws and I wouldn't buy anything else.  I use my saws for
cutting around 5 cords of firewood per year, but when it came to removing
two "fair sized" trees in my backyard, I hired it done.  Having a
professional take the trees down and knowing that nothing
(driveway/fence/flower beds) would be damaged was well worth the price to
me.

Saws aren't cheap --- if this is the one use you have for a saw, you may
even be money ahead hiring the work done.

Steve Dillen