RE: WOOT! the tig is here!

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WOOT! the tig is here!
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:03:08 -0800
  The Lincoln 185 TIG requires a 60AMP circuit, I just welded all day with
it yesterday plugged into my 40AMP circuit in the garage.  But I had the
manual and all the papers yesterday when my friend dropped off his TIG for
me to use (dropped off is not quite correct, that sucker is HEAVY),  It
clearly states a 60AMP circuit and yet comes with 50AMP plug that went
right into my 40AMP circuit, welded at up 125AMPs and did not blow the
circuit although I did see my lights dim a few times :)

   By the way, I am sold, I asked about TIG on this list a few months and
decided to stay with my MIG...not after a day of TIG welding I
won't.  Buying me a TIG this week, I see a guy on Ebay has the 185 for what
my local shop sells if for and the Ebay guy includes the cart and a few
other things.

        Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/