Re: Kohler engine question

To: "Martin Sukey" <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>
Subject: Re: Kohler engine question
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:24:07 +0100
At 20:25 10/04/05 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a 30 year old Ford LT lawn tractor with a Kohler 14 hp engine (model
>K321AQS if that makes any difference). There is a piece of hose that comes
>out into the air cleaner housing from inside the block that has been blowing
>out quite a bit of oil residue.  Im pretty good at playing with Little
>British Car engines but I am afraid I have never dove into the lawn more
>engine world. So, before I start trying to freshen this thing up does
>anybody have any suggestions as to what I will be getting into as I try to
>stop fogging for bugs as I cut the grass with this thing from it pumping oil
>back into the carb through the air filter housing?

Marty,

Kohler produce a good service manual for single cylinder engines. Part
number might be ENS-575. Gives all the info and numbers you might need. As
others have said the first thing to check is the crankcase breather, apart
from overfilling everything else involves surgery. There are rings
available from 5 thou up to 30.

Nick Brearley