RE: Lug nuts

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Lug nuts
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 04:07:51 +0000
I apologize in advance, but that's funny right there!

after a few trials with locking lug nuts, I decided it was easier to live in
the boonies (few people, much less thieves) rather than deal with the extra
hassle.

I believe I once used the 'fluted spirial' removal tool.  if memory serves,
three of the ultra-hardened (yet rusting) nuts just laughed at them.  got one
off.  ended up at a shop.

car talk anecdote last week: guy has old car.  battery stolen one morning.  new
battery installed, stolen that night.  first battery stolen to precipitate
install of new battery, the real target.  maybe the thief just wanted a new
tire, randall?