Re: Lug nuts

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lug nuts
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:24:30 -0400
My first experience with locking lug nuts was not pleasant.  I borrowed
a buddies car and got a flat tire an hour out of town (I grew up in a
small town and you had to drive awhile for a fine meal).  There I am
with my date, her friend and date, and a flat tire.  I get the jack and
spare out only to find a locking lug nut on the wheel.  I search the
whole car before I call him and ask where he keeps the key.  "On the
shelf in the garage."  Excellent.  I've immediately purchased standard
lugnuts to replace the locks on every car I've owned since.

~Paul