A/C Clutch

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: A/C Clutch
From: "BOB Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:23:45 -0500
This week end I need to replace the AC compressor on my daughters car ( 98
Toyota Corolla ). It's been many years since I last replaced an AC
compressor ( Can you say York compressor  and .99 cent per can Freon?)
Looking at the manual it all appears to be straight forward except the new
compressor will need to use the old compressors clutch. The manual says the
clutch may need to be installed on the new compressor but says nothing about
how to remove or install it ( curse you Mr. Haynes!!!).  I am at the
disadvantage of not having the car here at present to see what I'm  facing.
Anyone know if I will need any special tool to remove and install the clutch
assembly to the compressor ?
Thanks again for any advise.

Bob Nogueira