final computer question (heh)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: final computer question (heh)
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:17:13 +0000
got the new computer.  stupid question:
the rj45 jack does not "click" into place in the computer's 10/100/1000 port.
it's working (I'm surfing), but the cable isn't secured.  that makes me think
it's the wrong kind of cable.  are there different kinds or jacks or do
different cards require them?  fwiw, it's the same cable I used on the last
machine, the only difference I can think of is that the new card is 10/100/1000
(gigabit ethernet?) vs. the old one's 10/100.
any idea?
and thanks for all the advice over the past few weeks.
scott