Direct burial cable

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Direct burial cable
From: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:34:12 -0700
Ok, now that I have rented a trencher and have 24" deep trenches zig
zaging across my backyard (for outlets) for a total of 150' of trenches,
it has been raining for two days and of course it is a muddy mess.

Oh well, when it dries out I will be installing a dedicated 20 amp
circuit that will power an RV outlet (rv is not in use, minimal draw), 2
double duplex gfci, and 1 single duplex gfci out-door outlets to run
small pond pumps.

I have purchased the UF-B outdoor cable 12/2 w/ ground and all the
outdoor rated boxes etc. In one case the circuit will go out to an
outlet and then come back in the same trench, make a turn and go to
another outlet. Anybody know what the code says about running two pieces
of UF-B cable in the same trench? Do I need to separate them with so
many inches of dirt?

Thanks
Wayne