Re: very small utility trailer

To: "Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: very small utility trailer
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:22:22 -0400
Rich,

I also have the folding 4X8 trailer from HF.  Note, a non-folding 4X4
trailer will take up alot more space than a folding 4X8 trailer when
stored.

Things to look for...

Biggest tires you can find.  The smaller trailers have smaller wheels. Not
bad for local trips if you keep up with the bearings.  But on longer trips
or with heavier loads, the small tires do not work.

Magnetic lights.  If you are storing the trailer outside, do NOT install
lights on it.  Get a set of magnetic lights and remove them when not in
use.

I've seen people buy car top carriers and mount them to the top of these
smaller trailers.  It gives you a water tight, lockable space on the
trailer and makes sure you don't lose smaller, or loose items.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.

"Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net
10/11/2005 20:49