Re: Tool names.

To: "Shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool names.
From: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:58:33 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

> I loved it when they open the trunk of the Mercedes to find the body and
> the bloody murder weapon.  They pull out the weapon, a crow bar, and
> call it a "Tire Iron".  If you put a crow bar in a trunk, does it
> magically become a tire iron?  It's also referred to as that a couple of
> more times in the show.
>
> I realize today's TV script writers are probably far too young to have
> ever seen an actual, real life tire iron.  However, I would have hoped
> at least one of the editors or "older" actors would have caught the
> misnomer.
>
> Oh well, I guess I'm just totally dating myself, having actually changed
> tires by hand with tire irons.

Ok, now you've got me all nervous.  Please find a link to a picture of a
_real_ tire iron and post it!  :-)

(Also changed tires by hand, but we used big screwdrivers, what _we_
called tire irons (socket on one end, screwdriver flat thing on the other,
90 deg. bend, etc.), prybars, 2x4's, etc.... :-)

Then there's the tire irons I use with tire machines...

I'm so confused!  :-)

Mark