Re: Nuts and bolts

To: <LSAPEX@aol.com>, <Eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nuts and bolts
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:54:57 -0400
Les wrote:

> I use the Glad semi disposable containers for leftovers.
> Different  sizes, stack on top of each other, see through. I
> label both ends (i.e. 8  mm nuts) Easy to see on a shelf,...
> oh yeah, cheap!

This is exactly how all sorts of hardware and very small parts are stored in
my shop also.  We buy our containers from a local restaurant and deli supply
firm in cases of 1008 containers (unit includes both container and lid).
The containers are commonly called Deli containers and are used for prepared
foods.  8oz and 12oz deli containers seem to be the most useful.  Also
useful are soup containers, but soup containers are less space effcient
since they are round.

The containers are cheap if you shop around.  Most places have no problems
in splitting up the cases and selling fractional quantities (252 or 63 per
bag).  This place online has Dart ClearPac containers at pretty good price
(these are the ones we use).  http://tinyurl.com/8z8o4

I would suggest people stay away from the firm InstaWares online.  I have
had nothing but trouble with the two orders I have placed with them over the
years.  Both times received the wrong product, customer service has hold
times in excess of an hour and they never follow through with sending
replacement or refunds.  I had to have my CCard company do a chargeback for
both purchases from InstaWares.

Deli containers are not the strongest things in the world, if you drop one
full of hardware, the plastic will crack and probably let some hardware out.
But they are very convenient and very inexpensive, allow easy viewing and
are useful for other things around the shop as well.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics