welding lead color

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: welding lead color
From: John Niolon <JNiolon@uss.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:02:08 -0600
I'm the proud owner of a new Miller Bobcat 250 gas welder and I'm
outfitting my rig/trailer. I need to buy new leads and in the past have
never seen anything but basic black.  But now I find red and orange and
yellow...  any significance in 'colored' leads ??  I could see if you had
300 feet stretched up/over/around a job site to find 'your' line... but if
I have only 50' coiled up on 'my' machine ???  ...

This is my first gas portable welder ... all my welding has been done in
shop with tools within arms reach, so I'm  taking suggestions on what needs
to be in the toolbox... I know an assortment of clamps,vicegrips, hammers,
fire extinguisher, etc.... what else ???  I don't plan on traveling 100
miles to do contract work... this is for neighborhood/hunting club/buddy
fixes that can't be brought to the shop....  awaiting your (as always)
expert advice and opinions...

thanks
john

If you push on something hard enough... it will fall over  !!