Re: electric baseboard heater repair

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: electric baseboard heater repair
From: "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:54:01 -0600
 From your description I would suspect the thermal limiter.  thermostat
operation sounds normal.  the sudden change is wehn the points open.
Have you tried CAREFULLY taking voltage readings with it powered.  turn
the t'stat to the highes setting and check voltage.  Don't remeber if
you said it was a 220 or 110 heater, but wherever the problem is you
will find the 110/220 voltage right across that item.  per example if it
is the heat limetr you will read the full voltage across the 2 leads for it.

--
 John
another one of them