Re: How do I stop this madness?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How do I stop this madness?
From: "Trevor Boicey" <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:52:55 -0500 (EST)
> Trevor writes...
>
>>  This one is caused by Eric's mail setup. His outgoing mail has it's
>>headers munged from the machine he sends it from, which is at megageek.
>>  So when Eric gets involved in a conversation, some of the replies get
>>misdirected and misaddressed.
>
> Hey!  It's not me, I swear!  Seriosuly, I stayed out of this thread to see
> if people had the problem without me added to it.  It seems that they do.

  Hehehehe...

  The thread has wandered a bit, but the very initial post was about a
misdirected post going to megageek.

  The headers of the message you just sent don't have that configuration,
but your other mails have. And that is that your mail goes to a
redirector at megageek, then "blindly" to the list.

  So when we got those messages, it didn't say autox.team.net anywhere in
the visible headers.

  So the reply would go to you, and seemingly your redirector, which would
dutifully (and openly) forward to the list, but again, blindly.

  We've actually talked about this a few months ago... I'm not trying to
publically flog you, but that is what the original post was about. I'm
very very very sure, I have spent a fair bit of time implementing SMTP
compliant software.