Re: Battery Buddy?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Buddy?
From: Peter Murray <pete@partnercomm.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:00:36 -0500
PJ McGarvey wrote:

> Anyone try using one of these - it's basically a separate battery that
> avoids getting discharged as fast as the main battery, and allows
> enough juice to get the car started?  Since I started walking to the
> train recently, our second car doesn't get as much use, and the cold
> weather is making it harder for it to start after sitting for a few
> days.  Worth the investment?

I've never used one of these, but you can get a pulse
charger/conditioner that will run off a small solar panel that should
maintain float voltage... check out the "Solargizer" at
http://www.pulsetech.com. My dad uses one of these on his Cessna 310,
and it has kept his batteries in excellent (read: reliable) shape for a
decade...

-Peter

--
Peter Murray (N3IXY)