Re: Odd tire sizes, was: Where to buy '79 Kubota tractor

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: Odd tire sizes, was: Where to buy '79 Kubota tractor
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:00:37 +0000
At 22:58 15/12/05 -0500, Mark Andy wrote:

>However, the fronts are a different kettle of fish.  The 2wd Turf tire for
>the front is a 20x8.0-x10 (common lawn tractor size I think), but its
>_much_ smaller in diameter than the Ag tire that came on the L185DT.  So
>the challenge will be to figure out if I can find a matching turf tire &
>wheel that'll have the same diameter as the Ag tire on there now.
>
>Anyway, if anyone sees anything like this come across their way, please
>let me know!  :-)

Hi Mark

The important thing is maintaining the ratio between front and rear rolling
circumferences. DAMHIK, transmission repairs on compact tractors are
expensive...

  There's a useful pdf here:

http://www.firestoneag.com/rci.pdf

The table at the beginning is more relevant to larger ag tractors but the
following explanation is worth mastering. If only to check that what you
are being offered by the tyre dealers stands up.

Someone mentioned Millertire, they seem to be well thought of on the net.
I've seen a firm called McCord at golf course trade shows. They seemed
competent. A firm I buy from over here in the UK deals with them in quite a
big way. They can be contacted via

https://www.turfnet.com/links/exit.asp?url=http://www.monti.net/~mccord

Happy hunting.

Nick Brearley