Re: Parking Lifts: Starting to get serious

To: doug@dougbraun.com
Subject: Re: Parking Lifts: Starting to get serious
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:20:56 -0800
>> Cytech is out of business. I had a lift on order for over a year, and
>> the owner kept stalling me. He said they were waiting for hydraulic
>> pumps, for aluminum, for steel, and once even said it was being
>> prepped for shipment. I expect he had a stack of orders and no source
>> of steel that was cheap enough to allow him to sell at a profit. I
>> had to threaten suit to get a refund. Nice guy, but he was blind-
>> sided by circumstances.
>>
>> - Bill Rabel
>>  Anacortes, WA
>>

> Doug wrote:
> This was recently?  Their web site still claims
> "Call or e-mail today with your order - we will ship the next
> business day! "
>
> I think with the recent price increases and shortages of steel, I
> would be wary of ordering any $1999 lift...

I went to the Cytech website today <doublepark.net/index.html>, and
the account is suspended. There is no answer from their 800 number. I
guess I'm going to order an Eagle unit, which is made offshore, for
under $2,000.00. You can still buy their U.S.-made unit for about
$3,500.00. I bought a Hoist weight machine, which is fabricated
offshore, and I think that the quality will be fine, as long as Eagle
did their homework.

- Bill Rabel
   Wet Spot Garage
   Anacortes, WA