Re: Could have been easier...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Could have been easier...
From: Bruce Wolfe <wolfeb@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:08:37 -0600
Mark,

Consider yourself lucky. A work acquaintance of mine was accosted by his
wife for an identical problem - dryer making a scraping sound. He
checked it out. Yes, it sounded funny. Removed the back. Nothing
obvious. Sound coming from inside the blower motor. Remove the cover.
OH! Here's the problem! There is a RATTLE SNAKE caught between the
squirrel cage and the housing! Not only was it still alive, though
nearly cut in half, it was fairly angry. He said he had to use two sets
of tongs, grab the head with one and the tail with another and work it
back and forth like a piece of floss to get it removed. Assembly is the
reverse of disassemble (less the snake). Dryer is back to normal.

Bruce